This picture shows that effects on rats that were just fed GM corn, GM corn plus Roundup applied during the production of the corn, and just exposed to Roundup (Seralini et.al 2012).
This picture shows the effect that GM corn had on the kidney. As you can see by the picture of the control, the effects were pretty severe. These studies correspond to the amounts of Roundup that are found on GMOs and in some drinking water (Seralini et.al 2012). I know humans are a lot bigger than rats, but I do not want that poison in my body.
- · Conner, A. J., Glare, T. R. and Nap, J.-P. (2003). The release of genetically modified crops into the environment. The Plant Journal, 33: 19–46. doi: 10.1046/j.0960-7412.2002.001607.
- · Gillam, C. (2013). Monsanto Wins Lawsuit Filed by U.S Organic Farmers Worried About Seed Contamination. The Huffington Post. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
- · Jiraungkoorskul et al. (2001). Histopathological Effects of Roundup, a Glyphosate Herbicide, on Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). Science Asia. Retrieved from http://www.thaiscience.info/journals
- · Sanders R. (2010). Pesticide Atrazine can turn male frogs into females. Media Relations. UC Berkeley, United States. Retrived from http://newscenter.berkeley.edu
- · Seralini et.al. (2012). Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize. Food and Chemical Toxicology. University of Caen, France http://research.sustainablefoodtrust.org/
- · Warren M. (2013). Protestors All Over The World March Against Monsanto. Associated Press. Retrieved from http://www.businessinsider.com
- · Wynne, B. (2001). Creating Public Alienation: Expert Cultures of Risk and Ethics on GMOs. Science as Culture, 10:445-481. doi: 10.1080/09505430120093586.
- · http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/27/occupy-monsanto-3-facts-everybody-should-know/
- · http://fracturedparadigm.com/2013/04/02/boycott-monsanto-a-simple-list-of-companies-to-avoid/